- Responsible for the coordination of IT projects for selection and presentation to the Leadership team for final decision making in line with customers, stakeholders and strategic initiatives
- Establish, maintain and cultivate winning relationships with clients, both internal and external, to satisfy client needs and ensure business continuity.
- Work cross functionally with business, service, sales and technology teams to drive the management, scope and implementation of key initiatives.
- When required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Able to balance multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet business requirements and stakeholder objectives.
- Proactively identify potential project roadblocks, define mitigation solutions and develop contingency plans as needed.
- Establish clear ownership and accountabilities for project tasks; ensure that team members have the tools needed and provide timely feedback.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to business owners and sponsors. Present reports defining project progress, requirements documentations (BAs), problems and solutions
- Ability to manage projects post implementation including measurement of key objectives, troubleshooting, optimization, road mapping.
- Develop with business owners, SOPs, best practices, lessons learned for internal and external stakeholders
- Provide leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; effectively influencing actions and opinions of others
- Manage, develop, and evolve project charters, project plans and timeline specific records
- Provide direction and guidance to functional and end user groups in relation to timeline or planning activities
- Champion the overall improvement and position of project coordination/management for the IT Team(s) in line with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). This role will begin with a focus on Development projects extended outward across the organization
- Facilitate the assembly of project definition, scope, estimates, and work breakdown structure
- Assist with establishment of Project Change Control Process
- Reviews and publishes with the Business Analyst – Project Release information
- Have fun in a fast-paced work environment
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting; preparing project budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action
- Keeps current in role/industry by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
University Degree or College Diploma in Business Analysis, Project Management/IT Project Management, or relevant education in Business focused programs
Exposure and experience using project management software & standards – MS Project, Asana, Gantt Charts, Visio, etc.
Experience in an agile development environment considered an asset
Strong collaboration skills to help uncover stakeholder needs and motivations, influence and secure the cooperation of key resources, resolve conflicts and negotiate positive outcomes for the project
Demonstrated experience working in an Agile software development environment.
Familiarity with core Agile events such as Stand-ups, Iteration Planning, Iteration Reviews, and Retrospectives.
Strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally with product owners, testers, and other stakeholders.
Advocate for and practice continuous integration, continuous delivery, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
Valid Passport and ability and desire to occasionally travel to Canada.
Ability to manage cross functional Projects working with multiple lines of business
Provides leadership and ensures accountability for achievement of results
Strong communication skills, able to communicate in both technical and user-friendly language
Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail
Strong motivation, high level of commitment, and proactive and positive attitude
Ability to think and apply outside-the-box concepts to common problems
Is creative, innovative, and takes advantage of opportunities while recognizing the necessity of working with limited resources and in alignment with the strategic directions of the company
- PTO super flexible
- Work from anywhere
- Continuous training program
- Talks and workshops on personal and professional growth
- Organizational team building events
- Social Responsibility committee
- Developer’s day celebration
- Birthday off
- Monthly kudos
- Holiday celebration day off
- 70+ Partnerships with restaurants, hotels, hiking groups, fitness, stores, medical services, psychology services, dental services, universities, pet supply services, pet medical pharmacy chains, events, and car services.
- Legal benefits
- Life and medical insurance
- Paternity and maternity leave
- Birthday gift card